Thinking of becoming a Pilot in SA?
Learning how to fly is one of the greatest experiences life has to offer, and with Paramount Aviation Academy you can now complete your pilot training with an excellent team of aviation experts operating in Bethlehem, Free State.
Before you begin your pilot training with us:
• You must be 16 years or older in order to obtain your SPL.
• You must be able to write, read and speak the English language.
• You must go for a medical examination and declared medically fit by an aviation medical examiner.
• You must then gain a firm understanding of the theoretical aspects of flying.
• You do not need any qualifications to start your Pilot Training, but a good understanding of Mathematics, Science, English and Geography will be an advantage.
What is an SPL?
• It is a Student Pilot Licence which is obtained while training and studying to obtain your PPL. From here, you now have a licence to learn – giving wings to your dreams.
What is a PPL?
• You must be 17 years or older to obtain your PPL.
• A PPL is a private pilot’s licence, allowing the permit holder to pilot an aircraft within their private capacity, only for pleasure or with the aim of obtaining a higher pilots licence such as a CPL. The holder of a PPL is only permitted to fly without remuneration.
• For you to obtain this licence, you need the following:
- A minimum log of 45 hours of flight time.
- A passing mark in 7 written exams.
- Extensive solo cross country flight experience.
- To demonstrate flying skills to an examiner during a flight test.
How much is a pilot’s licence?
• There is no set cost when it comes to completing your pilot’s licence, because the final figure is derived from a number of variables. The cost as per quotation is based on the minimum requirements as determined by the SACAA (South African Civil Aviation Authority).
• Included in this folder is a pricelist with Estimated Pricing on only.
• You can pay the amount quoted in full or you can “pay as you fly”. These fees are also subject to annual increases due to the rise in fuel cost, but it is absolutely worth every single cent!
• Contact us now to get started on your PPL.
Kaela Seoe - CEO
Direct:: +27 63 699 4262
Find us on the map!
Address: PostNet Suite 54, Private Bag X62, Bethlehem Airport, 9700
Coordinates: S28°14.92' / E28°20.17'
Phones: +27 58 050 0493 OR
+27 63 699 4262
Open daily: 8am - 5pm